What is the best way to earn money online?
It is a really broad and subjective question. It’s like asking which job pays the best. And the honest answer is the job that you do best! Read on to monetize your skills to the best of your abilities.
Similarly, the best way to earn money online is to offer the services and products that are your personal strengths. Embrace your skillset, I’d say. Try to learn more at the same time and evolve with the market.
- If you make certain products, then create an e-commerce store on your website where you can sell your products.
- If you are a professional, then sell your services online by arranging video consultants, etc. Doctors, architects, CA, and lawyers can book appointments online to reach local and international audiences.
- If you are a teacher, then you can take live classes online, capture your lessons, sell courses, etc.
Basically, it all depends on where your interest lies.
Therefore, don’t stress about what is the textbook best. After all, a textbook can’t teach you about the ever-evolving world of the internet. But yeah, irrespective of what you choose to do or which niche to develop in. There are some general tips that can come in handy –
Steps to monetize your skills
- Make your own website to host your content. If you are afraid of coding and are skeptical about it then try this platform called Exly. It is a codeless tool for building your website that is used by a variety of content creators and business professionals.
- Get to know your target audience and the demands of the market. It helps to know what’s selling and is trending. Focusing your content on trending topics can help you get a better ranking in SEO.
- Market your products and services through ads on social media and through emails. Social Media Marketing and Email Marketing both have proved to be fundamental in developing businesses.
- Track your analytics. This is THE MOST IMPORTANT and ignored part of growing your business online. People don’t keep a track of what is working for their audience and what isn’t. There are various website builders that give you the option of getting plugins for analytics. As for Exly it is a built-in feature and doesn’t require you to pay extra for it.
Marketing Your Content
You can come one step closer to monetize your skills after you deploy the following marketing strategies to get clients –
- SEO – Search Engine Optimisation is the most basic and the most important step towards promoting your website online. When a user is looking for something, they ask a search engine like Google or Bing. These search engines, then, run the relevant keywords and rank various pages in front of the user. Obviously, the better you rank on the search engine, the more your website will reach your target audience. Hence, SEO is an important part of it. There are two types of SEO – one is On-page SEO and one is Off-page SEO. And in order to promote your website, this must be your very first step.
- Content Marketing – You can advertise specific content, images, videos, products, etc through advertisements online. These ads would then pool the traffic to your website. You can use various tools like Google ads, etc.
- Social Media Marketing – You can create various pages on prevalent social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. These pages can also help you divert traffic towards your website by simply linking your website in the bio.
Email Marketing – Collect emails and send timely newsletters promoting your products and services or sending blogs etc.
How can Exly help you?
Exly is a codeless platform for creators to start their own website and sell their products and services by starting FREE! There are no hidden fees or monthly or annual subscriptions that you need to buy. And nor does Exly limit any feature from any user. Therefore, it is best for people starting out their courses as well as the businesses which are set in the market.
In fact, the interface is highly user-friendly and it has various features in-built.
- Advanced Lead Capturing Funnel – which lets you reach your target audience,
- Analytics – which let you analyse your website data without any extra plugins,
- Special Insights – based on your Analytics data, the smart algorithm gives you valuable insights about how you can scale your business,
- Built-In Payments – Taking international and domestic payments through your website is now easier than ever before. But it is now with Exly!
- You can also schedule meetings when for consultations and charge for the same. I think this tool can also be very useful for teachers during the pandemic for taking tuition, live classes, etc.
There is also an inbuilt marketing system that helps creators deal with SEO and reach the target audience better.
Above all, it’s how much effort you want to put into your website in keeping it alive. Website builders do help you in a long way but it is really about doing it.
What I am trying to convey is that many content creators restrict themselves in trying to find the absolute best and hence delay their launch.
But in the real world out there, it really isn’t about being perfect. It’s about continual progress. Remember your graph cannot just shoot up and it’s highly unlikely that you ll get a huge success overnight. As they say, Rome wasn’t built in a day, yes, but they did start someday and didn’t stop until it was done.
Apart from the great pricing and profit margin, you also get in-built features and a support team to help which is one call away. To monetize your skills courses, start your free website with Exly.